1. Can you describe Wax + Wick Workshop in 5 words?
Innovative, sustainability, design, handmade, conscious
2. How did you get the idea for Wax + Wick Workshop?
We wanted to get sustainability at the forefront of retail conversations and get recycled materials onto retailer's shelves.
3. What are your favourite parts of running Wax + Wick Workshop?
Our favourite part is interacting with our customers, retailers and our team. We love listening to people's feedback, what fragrances they like and want to see more of.
4. What does a typical day look like for you?
First thing every morning is going through the night's orders, making sure they're all packed and ready to get dispatched. The rest of the day is filled with meetings and making our candles in our studio.
5. What's been your biggest challenge with Wax + Wick Workshop?
Our biggest challenge has been growth. Since we started a year ago, we've had to move our workshop 3 times to accommodate for our growing team, storage and machinery.
6. Do you champion responsible business in any way?
We pride ourselves in ethical and sustainable business. That's why we only source our raw materials from local UK suppliers. We partner and donate to charities throughout the year that we feel are amazing causes and can benefit greatly.
7. Why did The London Smiths appeal to you?
We wanted to be a part of a community of makers that pride themselves in their product.
8. Do you have any top tips for other budding makers?
Stick with your gut and your unique ideas.
9. What are your dreams for Wax + Wick Workshop?
Our goal is to have the first London store that is made of 100% recycled and up-cycled materials.
10. Is there anything else The London Smiths customers should know about you?!
We host a range of workshops throughout the year teaming up with amazing partners, so do keep your eyes out for them as they tend to go super fast!