1. Can you describe Judith Peterhoff Jewellery in 3 words?
Handmade contemporary jewellery
2. How did you get the idea for Judith Peterhoff Jewellery?
I studied jewellery design in my BA and always loved hand making things, so setting up my own jewellery business was always my dream.
3. What are your favourite parts of running Judith Peterhoff Jewellery?
My favourite parts of running my business are definitely the bespoke commissions. I just love making a piece of jewellery for someone that they always wanted, to make it exactly what they had in mind. Seeing the joy on their faces when they first see it is also priceless.
4. What does a typical day look like for you?
Gosh, I really couldn’t tell you! Every day is different, but that’s the nice thing about it. It’s never boring!
5. What's been your biggest challenge with Judith Peterhoff Jewellery?
To be completely honest, the marketing side of things! I really struggle with keeping up with social media and all that, but with the help of a lot of to do lists, I think I got it under control now.
6. Do you champion responsible business in any way?
I’m looking to work with more fair trade materials in the future. This is really something I’m passionate about and is on the agenda for 2018.
7. Why did The London Smiths appeal to you?
I really loved the concept of The London Smiths. I think it’s so important to support small craft businesses and buy local. I'm so happy to be part of The London Smiths.
8. Do you have any top tips for other budding makers?
Be confident and just do it! Don't let the fear of failure hold you back!
9. What are your dreams for Judith Peterhoff Jewellery?
So many, I couldn’t list them all. My short term goals are getting into a few exhibitions and fairs I’ve applied for. Long term, I’m looking for a bigger studio to work from.
10. Is there anything else The London Smiths customers should know about you?!
I’m always happy to customise piece for you. So if you’ve seen a piece but you’d like to have a different colour combination, just get in touch with Alex & Georgie and they can place a bespoke order for you.